Our fabulous adventure at Palisades Vineyard has concluded. We thought we'd share a few things we'll miss, and a few we won't.
What We'll Miss
- Sharing the profound beauty, serenity and history of the property with family and friends.
- Using a witch to find water that lasted 20 years.
- The edgy promise of wildness all around us, every day.
- The brilliant moonrise breaking over our southern ridgeline.
- Our steadfast and talented winemaker, Gary Brookman, and our vineyard manager, Jim Munk.
- The big barn.
- Deep quiet.
- A blanket of snow in the vineyard.
- Our 5 fearless cats.
What We Won't:
- Rattlesnakes at the back door.
- Living on the edge of a wildland fire area.
- Old pipes.
- Worrying about the size of the crop.
- Wondering if there's water in the well.